Finding office space to lease can be a real hassle, especially if you’re new to the area or just don’t know fair pricing. There are just so many things to consider:
- How many square feet you need – a space that is to small is worthless, but one too big can cause unnecessary expenses and costs. More cleaning, more maintenance, etc.
- Price per square foot – even within Dallas this can fluctuate wildly depending on the area, and it pays to have someone that knows what a fair price is (click here for help)
- Budget – the first step in your Dallas office leasing search is establishing your budget and establishing it firmly. There will be a lot of temptation to “stretch the budget” or to “make it work” if you find a dream space. Don’t put yourself in a difficult position! Find your budget and stick to it.
- Zoning – depending on your business, this may or may not be an issue. Again, if you have any concerns click here to contact an expert.
- Length of the lease – in general, the longer the lease term the more favorable the rent will be. However, you have to factor your comfort level. If you’ve been in business for 8 months a 5 year lease might seem crazy.
While you will have to figure out your own needs for each of these, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Trust someone that is already very experienced with the Dallas area and comfortable with office leasing; let them help find the best match for your business needs. If you aren’t sure where to start or are just feeling overwhelmed, just click here to get the help you need or answers to any questions you might have. Try to look at at least 3 spaces so that you have a few options to consider, and enjoy your new space!